How to Rank Your Site Effectively With Long-Tail Keywords
Ranking. This is what matters in terms of searches. If you are aspiring to escalate your traffic and conversions swiftly with little effort, you need to properly strategize what goes into your content. A few years back, keywords were the way to go and by that, it means bombarding an article with tons of keywords repetitively.
Times have surely changed and this is also true with keywords. These days, it’s not just keywords but long-tail keywords such as SEO company in Delhi. Those days are gone where you need to fill up content with one-word keywords; that is the thing of the past.
If you don’t have time, you can even hire a digital marketing agency to do the work for you so you can spend your time on other things rather then doing all by yourself.
What Then Are Long-Tail Keywords?
A long-tail keyword is a key phrase that consists of 3 or more words. According to hubspot.com on the definition of long-tail keywords, it is used to earmark certain demographics of the niche instead of targeting a mass audience. With the long-tail keyword, it is more distinct with the use of keywords that are less competitive compared to keywords that are generic.
How to Use Long-Tail Keywords
There are a few things you need to do to use long-tail keywords effectively. Doing a target market research will surely help.
- Distinguish which keyword is profitable – there are tools available online that you can use to do this such as Hubspot Keyword Tools, SemRush or Google Adwords Keyword Planner. It can provide you with data that you are looking for which will be easier for you which long-tail keyword to target.
- Identify your competitor’s keyword ranking – to do this, go to your competitor’s website. Using a keyword search tool that can analyze keywords by site, enter the URL and press enter. It will then give you the result you are looking for.
- Understanding the intent of the long-tail keyword – as Tom Fanelli, one of the most recognized personalities in the digital world, suggested that, “when you think about intent, good keywords will follow.” In addition to this, using keywords with the right intent will help your increase your traffic.
- Publishing unique and high-value contents – articles play a big role in using long-tail keywords. Without contents, posts, and articles you won’t be able to fully utilize the capacity of keywords. Making sure that what you publish is relevant and timely, it will surely help you to rank in search engines.
- Utilize the autocomplete feature of Google search – the most obvious, free and hassle-free tool available in the Google search. Once you type a word, it will easily suggest topics that you might be looking for. Enter a phrase and you will get suggestions automatically.
- Optimizing your web page by using placing long-tailed keywords strategically – incorporating this long-tail keyword in a short URL will definitely work wonders since it will directly suggest your page. It may also be helpful to place the long-tail keyword at the end of your content wherein you are maximizing the use of internal and external links.
These are just a few simple ways on how to rank your site effectively using long-tail keywords. It really isn’t that hard once you are able to master the technique. Also, do deeper and intensive research on how to use long-tail keywords for your site to get more traffic.
If you want to try something different read this guide just getting started >
If you are interested in gaining backlinks click the link.
Author: Usman Raza is the co-founder of a Church Marketing Company and marketing strategist working with various brands online. Usman is the content marketing manager at an Email Marketing Agency, PSD to WordPress, and Nano Hearing Aids. He is devoted to helping small businesses bridge success gaps by providing in-depth, actionable advice on digital marketing, SEO, and small business growth. Follow him on Twitter @usmanintrotech.